S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
时间:2023-12-06 08:42:43 出处:컴퓨터阅读（143）
A senior South Korean diplomat has held talks with the new US special envoy for North Korean human rights and agreed to cooperate in launching a consultative body to better address the rights situation in the North, Seoul's foreign ministry said Tuesday.
Chun Young-hee, director general for the Korean Peninsula peace regime, and Ambassador Julie Turner met Monday and discussed efforts to coordinate over North Korean human rights issues, it said.
Turner, who is currently visiting Seoul on a three-day trip, was officially sworn in Friday, ending more than six years of vacancy at the post.
Chun congratulated Turner on her appointment, saying the two countries could strengthen joint efforts to improve North Korea's human rights situation and hold the North accountable for the issue.
He also proposed launching a consultative body on North Korea's human rights to discuss specific cooperative measures between the two countries, according to the ministry.
The two sides agreed to maintain close communication to launch the consultative body via diplomatic channels at the earliest date possible. (Yonhap)
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
- 北주민 굶어 죽어도…김여정 디오르, 최선희는 구찌 '명품 사랑'
- S. Korea’s consumer sentiment turns sour in September: BOK index
- [Our Museums] Gyeonggi Ceramic Museum shows artistic essence of ceramics throughout history
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- Biz outlook stays flat for October amid slowing economy
- Revamped Genesis GV80 and first coupe sibling unveiled
- Manpower Korea’s unique approach to reference checks
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"