Biz outlook stays flat for October amid slowing economy
时间:2023-12-06 08:38:00 出处:자동차阅读（143）
South Korea's business sentiment remained unchanged for October amid sluggish exports of the country's key products, a central bank poll showed Wednesday.
Local companies' business sentiment index amounted to 73 for the coming month, unchanged from the previous month, according to the survey by the Bank of Korea.
The index measures corporate prospects for business conditions the following month. A reading below 100 means pessimists outnumber optimists.
The central bank said business sentiment remained below par for next month due to slumping overseas shipments of chips, cars, communication equipment and other key export items.
The BSI for manufacturers came to 67 for October, down 2 points from the previous month. The index for nonmanufacturing firms was up 1 point over the same period to 77.
The actual BSI for September came to 73, up 2 points from August, rising for the first time in three months.
South Korea has been gripped by weak exports and sluggish private consumption, with its overseas shipments falling 8.4 percent on-year in August, the 11th consecutive month of decline.
The survey was conducted on 3,255 firms, including 1,607 manufacturers, from Sept. 12 to 19. (Yonhap)
- HiteJinro to produce soju in Vietnam
- [Photo News] Floral Butterfly
- S. Korea defeat Japan for 3rd straight men's football gold
- KCON Saudi Arabia 2023 attracts 23,000 K
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- Samsung unveils next
- [Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
- Asiana may ditch cargo business to close Korean Air merger deal
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"