Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
时间:2023-12-06 08:30:05 出处:쇼핑阅读（143）
Director Alex Olle's production of “Norma,” which premiered to open the 2016 season at the Royal Opera House in London, is set to be staged at the Seoul Arts Center from Oct. 26-29.
“I am happy to conduct one of the true masterpieces of Italian operas. Bellini’s (composition) is very demanding technically. ... It is a difficult piece to cast. Without exceptional singers, it's better not to perform," said conductor Roberto Abbado during a press conference Monday. The performance is accompanied by the Korean National Symphony Orchestra with the Noi Opera Chorus.
"The shape of the melody is very long and broad. The shape of musical numbers requires longer breath and a longer arch," explained Abbado.
Particularly, the aria "Casta Diva," one of the defining moments of the opera, is known for its intricate vocal acrobatics. As the first aria sung by the protagonist Norma, the singer needs to convey the charisma of a priestess intertwined with her complex inner emotions through a melodic composition.
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문
- Seoul condemns Hamas’ attack on Israel
- Cheongju Craft Biennale stresses connection with nature, Jikji legacy
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- [Herald Review] Ive gives a sneak peek of new album, kicks off first world tour with Seoul gigs
- MBK chairman's novel 'Offerings' to hit big screen in Hollywood
- Art Token launches Hangeul
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub